Sunday 29 January 2012

Rounding up the usual suspects or subjects and Katajanokka in winter


Helsinki Ice Swimmer


The short version to sum-up since the last post: stress, stress, stress, sing, drink, laugh, de-stress, sleep, read and application, application, application, stress, stress, stress.


The long version to sum-up since the last post: Ok so another couple weeks of busyness are behind me and as much as I wish all the busyness was a result of making art, that just would not be the truth. We had the one year celebration of the existence of HESA inprint magazine, which came and went in good order and happy frame of mind and well a lot of residual stress of organising an event. The same happy event collided with Tristan’s first gig and I must say we did pretty good. Paid work is also picking up speed with many more events for me to orchestrate I am quite tired but at least I have enough money to buy materials for the art I plan to make next week.

Ice

Next week I’ll be bringing out my trusty old watercolours to start sketching some ideas I’ve been having for the “big” project. Mainly I was planing to, sketch how I’d like the space to look and feel, but who knows what will happen. I've also been playing around with some texts for the work that I have been asked to do for the up-coming exhibitions.


So until then here are some pictures from a wintry Helsinki.

1 comment:

  1. These pictures look awesome! They remind me of when I came to Finland in 2009 - it was really cold, and I stayed on Suomenlinna in the harbour. The best part of the trip was getting the boat to the city, smashing through the ice!

    Glad to hear you're feeling positive about knuckling down to do some work. Look forward to reading about it!

    ReplyDelete