Monday 22 August 2011

Busy busy, climb and chair stuffing


Where does the time go, I ask you! Where?


Well we have hiked at Koli, a wonderful place where the witches of old lived. Did a bit of notes and research on the old religion. Read a few incantations to do with bear killing and watched as the clouds pushed on top of each other making a brilliant almost webbing across the skyline. The images don't do it justice but I could definitely feel the electric friction and power.

Have also done a bit of video. The one displayed just titled Bee is a small, pix-elated version done on the digicamera, but I think the actual dvcam version will look nice. I feel like it might need some composed music to finish the work but I am happy with the vid. Kinda looks like the bee is flying and dancing where in reality it is drowning. Kinda felt bad after for not saving it...ethics, it does come in to play every now and then. Actually Nikki and I had an interesting conversation about ethics in art yesterday...Tricky tricky!



The chair project is also progressing, it has now been stuffed and the Hessian layer to give it a bit more shape control and strength has been finished. Not sure if will have time to upholster it properly but will try. Also still on the agenda are video of the staring contest, a collaborative piece of music video dance and stuff also the emptying out of the out house pee bucket. OH JOY!
Tomorrow morning am going to make myself get up early (before 10am) and just write the damn proposal. At least a good draft of it. I can feel myself getting a bit of stage fright. Also tomorrow I'll be meeting up with a local artist and art museum owner lady called Tuija Hirvonen-Puhakka to discuss art and things so that’s exciting. Much to so still so off I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment