Wednesday 10 August 2011

Lightning, Rain and Rendering a video

Ok , so here I go. It might as well be now, its half past one at night. The beginning is always the hardest. It is like writing that first page in an expensive notebook: Intimidating!

It's odd getting back in to writing, of keeping even a semblance of a coherent thread running through my creative life. I suppose that is the reason for this progress blog. A reason to reason things out. (as if on cue lightning just lit the skies)

Background may be needed but I wont go back too far. In fact I wont go back at all. this is where I’m at now. I work in a gallery, I run and edit a magazine http://www.hesainprint.com with my partner Thierry and friend Kaisa. I am going on a residency (self-made) in eastern Finland this Friday with my friend Nicola and we shall soak up nature and make some work together. Eat, drink, sauna and art!

I'm pondering giving up smoking, I'm becoming a godmother and at some point in between I am trying to get some funding sorted out for the mag, for myself and another HUSH HUSH project. I've also got a solo exhibition coming up in 2012 which requires a mass amount of research and some special technical skills I have yet to learn and another group exhibition in about a month, which is why I’m still burning the midnight oil.

All in all very busy, slightly sporadically insane and hopeful that one day there will be time to sleep and just read a book. Something easy, something simple with a good mystery or two.

Tomorrow I will decide if I can make my installation for the group exhibition, if I can then I shall be building an altar. if not then I’ll just cross my fingers and hope the vid will be enough.

DVD has burnt now, so its time to get back to the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment